Tuesday, June 17, 2008

YELLOWSTONE




This past weekend I had the opportunity to explore and re-discover the land of Yellowstone National Park. It has been at least 20 years since I have visited this place, and even though, disappointedly, I did not see any bears or moose (an animal that I am now convinced is just as fictional as a polkaroo or at least just as illusive) this visit was long over due and well worth it!


Mary, Annie Hancock, Joe and Rich England, Marco Brandi and Matt Wagner were also part of this little weekend get-a-way each of whom completed and complimented the whole adventure.

Joe and Rich not only generously provided the comforts of a cozy mountain cabin, but they proved to be excellent tour guides.
The weekend offered the perfect combination of relaxation, adventure, great people, and a few rounds of name that tune – which turned out to be exactly what I needed to achieve the sense of “getting away from it all.”

Though our wildlife sightings weren't quite what I was hoping for, we weren't completely deprived! We saw plenty of buffalo and elk, we spotted a huge bald eagle, a coyote and plenty of other little critters. The hot springs were breathtaking,
and old faithful is still doing her thang!

I am ever awed by the beauty and grandeur that is this earth. Every time I experience somewhere new, as I did this past weekend, I become even more eager to explore this whole world - to witness for myself all it has to offer in its natural state – as all of it seems to feed my soul! But until I get the opportunity to complete my worldwide ventures, I am contented with the knowledge that so much of this beauty is right here in my own backyard and that I have the ability to discover it!

2 comments:

Mike and Emily said...

Gorgeous pics! Wish we could have been there...

Annie said...

moose are real sara i promise