Monday, June 9, 2008

Things Change

“Strange how the moment just can’t last,
no way of living inside the past…
Things can die, they can’t stay the same,
Things change.” – Mason Jennings


This past weekend the reunion that has only been talked about for years finally took place. Several of the trailwalkers employed at Anasazi from 2002-2003 reunited at Kellicia Bowerbank Gomez’s cabin in Kamas Utah.


It had been up to 5-6 years since some of us had seen one another and though it is true that some things never change, like the unbelievable wit of James Elton, Dave House’s fantastic laugh and Mark Magleby feats of strength, life does have a way paving different paths, of turning the nomadic hearted into stationary and stable momma’s and papa’s and simply “moving on.”


Without a doubt, the summer of 2002 has been the most memorable summer of my life. Not only did I have some of the most incredibly challenging and character testing and building experiences but I met some of the best people that I believe exist on this earth today. I have learned so much from each one of them, things that I know have greatly broadened my perspectives on this life. I learned to see this earth, and everything in it in a new light and with a new found love. It was at Anasazi and with these people that I really learned to recognize, to love and to value people as individuals – including myself. I learned wisdom, a whole new level of patience and how to really laugh. Most of all, I learned how to truly recognize, respect and love my God.


Though the people I came to know and love still prove to be extraordinary individuals, It’s difficult to recall this chapter of my life without feeling a great sense of nostalgia for times and experiences of the past which I long to relive, but must settle to just remember. I know that this is a feeling that everyone can relate to – many times over I’m sure, but through my desires to go back and again experience the pleasures of the past, I am reminded to cherish the here and now. The present is a magical time because it’s only going to happen once, and it’s happening now! I have so much choice in the present and that is not only exciting but it is empowering. I will be ever grateful for my Anasazi experience – not only for the fond irreplacable memories it has created but also because it has played an immense role in molding me into the person I am TODAY.

1 comment:

Annie said...

I like the way you're molded. you turned out great, good job.