Thursday, July 17, 2008

SupportJuly




Somehow it is already July - and already we're half way through it! But, this is definitely NOT something I am complaining about... This month has been a goodie! It started off with the arrival of my mother. There is not much that I love more than to have that woman close by. Not only is she the loving, caring, sensitive, nuturing mother that many just dream of having, but she is also my dear, dear friend. For her first fews days in town we made a quick trip down to Moab - a place that I love and she had never been before, so it was really great to share it with her.



A couple weeks later Joe and his family came to town - it's so amazing to see how fast children grow and change! Aaron is a little boy now and June with her newsest purring sound is the cutest little babe ever!




This month also provided me with the long awaited opportunity to visit Havasupai falls in the Grand Canyon in Arizona. My friend Natalie Thompson called me just a few days before the trip saying that she had spots open up in a big group that was headed down and wanted to see if I was interested. Naturally, I did whatever it would take to make it happen and before I knew it, I was on my way! It is about a 10 hour drive to the trailhead, and from there it's a 10 mile hike in to the campgrounds. We started the hike at about 4:30am and arrived at about 7:00am - it was pretty quick hiking for me, which I was proud of, but by the time we arrived we were obviously exhausted. However, after a few hours of sleep we were ready to play!

The waterfalls were unbelievable and the crystal blue water was breathtaking- it's really hard to believe this place is located in the middle of the Arizona desert, but that is part of what makes it so fantastic!

Every day was perfect -> from the weather, to the magestic scenery to the company, it was a great experience!









3 comments:

Julie Weiss said...

i love your mom too!

Mike and Emily said...

It looks amazing...i wish we could have come...

kyles anima said...

great waterfall shots